Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August 2, 2016 - - Truro Tidal Bore

Copyright by CABS for Reflections Visits Nova Scotia 2016

We went to see the tidal bore today. Very interesting. I thought the waves would be larger. Not sure why I thought that. But I did. The water is dark brown muddy.

Photos in order of first view of the "wave" to when it passed in front of us.

The river runs from right to left. When the tide come into this narrow area the force of the tide forces the water to run the opposite direction. It comes in with enough force to form a "wave".








And, yepper, that was it.  I am glad I went, however, been there, done that, check that one off the bucket list!  LOL




.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged.

Comment moderation is in effect here at Reflections. Please also note, that by leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only.